D-Marin announces support of 27 local children and community groups across Croatia
D-Marin’s Borik, Dalmacija, Mandalina and Tribunj marinas in Croatia have selected 27 local groups to share in sponsorship and donations totalling almost 35 thousand Euros.
Financial support will be provided for a variety of projects, from small local charities, to sporting teams and historical and cultural groups across Tribunj, Zadar, Split, Vodice, Prvić Šepurine, Šibenik, Kaštela, Primošten, Omiš, Sinj, Vrlika, Hrvace, Općina Sukošan and Obrovac.
Dean Smith, Chief Commercial Officer at D-Marin, says: “We’re delighted to be able to provide support for so many incredible local projects in Croatia. As part of our Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) policy, we always strive to support the needs of local communities and respect and get involved in local cultures and traditions in the regions where our marinas are located.
“Many of the groups selected by our marinas in Croatia are dedicated to conserving local history, culture and traditions. A number of local charities and sporting groups have also received donations.”
Since its establishment, D-Marin Croatia has been awarding funds to programmes, projects, activities and events that support social causes. Donations and sponsorship are awarded via a tender application process, with priority given to projects supporting charities, art, education and science, sports, culture, economy, and ecology and environmental protection.
This year’s recipients include sports clubs for rowing, triathlon, sailing, football, basketball and handball; charities including the local MS Society, Educational Center for Children with Disabilities and the Sukošan firefighters; and projects supporting cultural, music, literary and historical initiatives.
D-Marin is a leading operator of premium yacht marinas, with 16 marinas across Croatia, Greece, Italy, Turkey, Montenegro and the United Arab Emirates. In Croatia, D-Marin operates four marinas along the Adriatic Coast: Borik and Dalmacija near the ancient city of Zadar, Mandalina in Sibenik and Tribunj, located in the heart of the Dalmatian town. The marinas provide a fantastic gateway for exploring this stunning stretch of coastline and surrounding islands.
The organisations set to benefit from support from D-Marin Croatia are:
APPLICANT, PROJECT NAME, ABOUT PROJECT, DEDICATED CITY/COUNTY
- Tourist Board TRIBUNJ, The 55th traditional donkey race, Traditional local fiesta since 1956, Tribunj
- ZADAR MUSIC HALL, Opening ceremony of the 62nd musical evenings in St Donat, One of the several music events in Croatia with longest tradition, and the only one in Zadar where world renowned musicians can be heard, Zadar
- ROWING CLUB JADRAN ZADAR, Rowing championship - elementary schools of the City of Zadar, Development and popularization of rowing in elementary schools, Zadar
- TRIATLON KLUB ZADAR, Competition season 2022, Travel and registration fees, Zadar
- PANACEA D.O.O., Printing the picture book "Optimist around Zadar", Picture book about a small sailboat of the optimist class that visits famous locations in Zadar, Zadar
- ASSOCIATION "DALMATIA FOR LIFE","You are our gift", Purchase of basic necessities for the most endangered members of the SD County, SDŽ-Split
- ECOLOGICAL ASSOCIATION "ŠEPURINA", Latinsko idro, Traditional Latin sail regatta, ŠKŽ-Vodice, Prvić Šepurine
- SAILING CLUB USKOK, Zadarska Koka 2022, Traditional regatta since 2005. This year the goal is to gather 100 regatta boats, Zadar
- ELEMENTARY SCHOOL BARTUL KAŠIĆ ZADAR, Ero s onoga svijeta - musical performance, Adapted form of the opera Ero from the other world where 200 students will participate in individual sections of performance, marketing, technique, etc., Zadar
- MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS SOCIETY SPLIT, The road to health, A project that aims to promote healthy lifestyles, strengthen social skills and generally improve the quality of life of people with MS., Split
- TOVAREĆA MUŽIKA SALI, 63. saljske užance, Traditional festival of Sali, Zadar
- MUSIC ASSOSCIATION "ŠIBENIK CONCERT", 25th Evenings of Dalmatian Chanson Šibenik 2022, Two days of music festival with HRT live broadcast. Some of the best Croatian performers, klapas, songwriters and big orchestra, Šibenik
- ASSOCIATION OF PARENTS OF CHILDREN WITH SPECIAL NEEDS "NAŠA DICA", School of everyday skills through a half-day stay, Group and individual work with children and young people with disabilities, SDŽ-Kaštela
- BROTHERHOOD OF SAINT MARTIN, Reconstruction of the door for the old oil mill, Oil mill from 1930, ŠKŽ-Primošten
- EDUCATIONAL CENTER FOR CHILDREN WITH DISABILITIES, "With creativity to the realization of personal potential", Developing a sense of self-worth through product development and promotion at public events which contributes to the inclusion of this vulnerable group, Šibenik
- ASSOSCIATION "FRIEND" OMIŠ, "Let's grow together", Improving life quality for children with disabilities, SDŽ-Omiš
- KAS CETINA ADVENTURE, / ,The Cetina Adventure race takes place once a year in the Cetina region. The race consists of different disciplines and it has great promotional character, SDŽ-Sinj, Vrlika, Hrvace
- INTERNATIONAL CHILDREN'S FESTIVAL ŠIBENIK, 62nd International Children's Festival Šibenik – Croatia, Šibenik
- MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS SOCIETY ZADAR, "Yes I can!", A series of actions to mark World MS Day, Zadar
- SUKOŠAN FIREFIGHTERS, /, Purchase of protective clothing, footwear and firefighting equipment, ZŽ, Općina Sukošan
- ROWING CLUB KRKA ŠIBENIK, Energy renovation - replacement of existing lighting with efficient LED lighting, Reducing the club's costs for electricity and as a contribution to reducing greenhouse gas emissions, Šibenik
- PUBLIC SCHOOL OBROVAC, LOCAL MUSEUM, Archaeological excavations at the site of St. Vid in Gornji Karin, Archaeological research, ZŽ, Obrovac
- FC MLADOST TRIBUNJ, Support and assistance in sports activities of FC Mladost in the 2021/2022 season, /, Tribunj
- FG GRAFIKA, Book: Stanislav Antić - My life's work, Collecting materials, graphic preparation and printing a book, Zadar
- WBC ZADAR PLUS, Development of WBC Zadar Plus, Basketball school for girls of all ages, Općina Sukošan, Zadar
- ORC Association of sailors, CRO ORC CUP, Assistance and cooperation in organizing regattas from the CRO ORC cycle, Općina Sukošan, Zadar
- HC ZADAR 2013, Competition in the 1st handball league, Competition in the first CHL for ages U11, U13, U15, U17, RH